Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Brother/Sister

It's been a while. So, it is time to jump back into the ring. I have an orientation this afternoon w/Big Brothers/Sisters. I've been wanting to do this for the past few years. I have a lot of love and compassion and no one to share it with. Yes, that sounds rather sad considering I am married and have a step-son. But, sometimes you have things and in the words of a George Strait song "you can't even give it away". I am looking forward to being a role model and think I could do a great job. When I first considered it, I thought to myself "they better give me a white kid". Now, it doesn't matter. There would be odd situations, but I could handle it. I look it as if it will be a surprise gift. If all works out I'll blog after first outing with my "little". This could be what I need to get a little lift into my life. I assume my step-son will look into the way I react with my little and see what he missed over the years. I was once not wanting to even think about 2010. But, now I'll be a "big brother" and a papaw. And maybe if someone stops their "single behavior" I'll continue to be a husband and not just a renter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home